7 September 2011

WOW - A quilt for Dad

Today will see me trying to finish off the lap quilt I started for my Dad's Father's Day gift.

I bought a Kit about 3 or 4 years ago because I thought it was such a fantastic design for a Man's quilt - especially one who has dabbled in Parquetry.
The one thing that has disappointed me about the quilt is the inconsistency in the fabric - I should have listened to my own advice and changed at least one fabric which was way too light in both colour and weight to have been included in the kit.
Every quilt I make is a learning curve...  What I learnt this time was:-
                               as always, if in doubt leave it out!
                               next time - Foundation piece it!
                               Allow more time - 3 days isn't really enough!

4 comments:

  1. Love the colors and the pattern. Every quilt is a learning experience for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great design! I haven't seen that block before, but my mind is playing with ideas as I look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thoughtful gift. I agree it is hard to find suitable mens quilts, but this one does look really handsome.

    ReplyDelete