8 February 2012

Christmas comes but once a year.....

...not if you are part of a Christmas Stocking Swap!
Then Christmas comes once a Month - only catch is ....
.....I can't open my presents until Christmas Day.
Oh well, I will just have to be patient.
I can now show you what I have been working on for the last week.
This is the Christmas Bag I have made for my swap partner this year.  It is a pattern that was featured in  the Quilters Companion Magazine (Vol 52) and designed by Leesa Chandler.
I have made it in the colours I associate with Christmas - *Purple and Cream with Green accents and a bright red Poinsettia style flower to set it off.

And....
Here is the Bag I received from My partner.
It is very much a Patchwork Bag and the seams are joined with tiny machine embroidered snowflakes.
It is certainly very roomy (I had to use my pillow to stuff it out for the photo).
So there will be plenty of room for the Gifts over the year.




* Australian Christmas is in Summer when the Agapanthus and Jacaranda are in flower, which is why Purple and Green are my choice for Christmas Colours.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you will have a fun year. Nice bags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely bags, these are so nice! If only there were more hours in the day...

    ReplyDelete