2 May 2012

A Handy Hint......

I came a cross this little hint recently, so I thought I'd pass it on.
Using a piece of drawer liner mat on either side of your machine foot makes a very good grip for guiding your quilt.  
It leaves your hands free to pick up the scissors - or the phone...

Like my 'hand model'?

I saw these at "Typo" a while ago and bought one for my DS#2.
For all those times when he said he could do with an 'extra hand'.

Yesterday I managed to pick up the matching Right Hand.
So, I suppose I can now say I have an extra pair of hands around the place!

Happy sewing all...  Cheers Wendy.

2 comments:

  1. Love your extra hands. Great idea for free motion. Thanks for the tip.
    Hugs Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, love those hands, I could use them round my way...for the housework! Those drawer liners are great, I use them for so many things to stop skidding and sliding (under vases and tablerunners, etc) but I hadn't thought of this use, thanks Wendy

    ReplyDelete