19 May 2012

What do you say ?

My Mum popped in the other day....
"I was doing some cleaning up and I thought you might like this - -
It was your Grand Mother's ..."

So - What DID I say??
"Oh MY Goodness...."

We lost my Nan to cancer almost 30 years ago and holding that little packet of needles, still as sharp as the day they were bought brought back a flood of memories.
She must have been the tidiest sewer in the entire world!  I never once saw fabric or thread or evidence of any kind to indicate that she sewed.  But I knew she did - she had 2 machines (one a treadle) and one day - when I was very little Nan & Pop arrived at home with the back of their little van packed with dresses.  Pop had rigged up a rod - so they could hang during transport.  I was allowed to choose 2 for my birthday.  To this day I have no idea where the others went or who they were for.
I feel somewhat privileged to have these needles - Will I use them?  You Bet-ya I will!  Nan would not have it any other way.

1 comment:

  1. That is such a special gift. It is neat that you have such special memories of your grandmother. :)

    Judy

    ReplyDelete