25 April 2013

More Flowers

This week I have been concentrating on making the rest of the flowers for Dad's 90th Birthday cake.  Whereas Dad loves his Roses - I thought they looked a little too feminine for his cake, so have decided some Australian Native Flowers would be suitable, so I made some...


Wattle - The National Flower of Australia - and just beginning to blossom at the moment.  It is a very fragrant flower and you will always smell its unmistakable scent before seeing the small puffballs of Golden Yellow blooms.


Flannel Flowers - Grow in the sandstone areas around Sydney.  I loved the look of these flowers so  had to include some in Dad's bouquet.


Pink Heath - Floral Emblem of Victoria (my home State).  
They didn't come out exactly true to the flower, but I don't think Dad will mind.
It is also the smallest flower that I have made!


I made as many blooms as I could in the time I had and then wired them all into a spray with the Waratah I made last week.

Yep... I think that will do.  
Now all I have to do is make a cake to put underneath it!

************

Now, just before I sign off for this week - I just HAVE to share a couple more photos.  
My WIP is not the only craft being constructed in our household at the moment.
DS#2 is making a costume for the upcoming CGBC at Monash Uni. which involves a lot of foam and hot glue....
which Spike decided looked tasty......
YUM ?
Blah!!!
  NOT!







2 comments:

  1. WOW! That spray of flowers looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my work those flowers are spectacular you are good girl. I coul NEVER do that. Very artistic.. Your Dad will love them I am sure.

    ReplyDelete