5 May 2013

Cake Decorating MAGNOLIA Workshop


Saturday's workshop was to make a Magnolia bloom and bud. I can't take the credit for this one as it was made by our talented demonstrator Lynne.

The small group of ladies that gathered at the Library community room were treated to an informative workshop and a lovely afternoon tea....   My family thinks I go there for the lessons ;-)

I was fairly pleased as to how well my flower turned out, and it didn't matter that we were not able to make any leaves as Magnolias usually bloom before the leaves set bud anyway!
We had a fun discussion about how in nature not all flowers were perfect so it didn't really matter how our blooms turned out.
I think though ... next time I would add more petals - as my flower turned out to be a completely different variety than the demonstrators!

No comments:

Post a Comment