29 October 2014

Impossible Tasks - - -

Once again I find myself running out of time. To be honest - I tend to do my best work when I have an impossible deadline.
Today's impossible task is - finish THREE Quilts by the end of November! .... or is that four?

Quilt 1 - The 21st Birthday gift.
The birthday has come and gone and the next is fast approaching. The young lady it is being made for has now moved to work in the US - so I would very much like to get it to her before Winter sets in. Binding is on and I am half way around.  So, this one is on track.

Quilt 2 - The Wedding Gift.
Judy Niemeyer's Bali Wedding Star:
The promise of it being finished by DD's first Wedding Anniversary seemed so easily achievable at the start of the year.
This week saw it back on the machine and maybe I will do a separate post on where I am at with that.

Quilt 3 - The Distraction Quilt
Also from Quiltworx -
The Mariner's Compass.
Yes, that's right - a distraction quilt... for when I get tired/bored or just generally need a break from Quilt 2.  This one has come to a point where I have to make a decision on what fabrics I choose for the rings that bind the Compass points together.
It does not have a set completion date, other than a date with the Quilter!

If I can finish the top 3 by the end of November, I will be a very happy camper indeed. Quilts 2 & 3 need only the tops to be finished as they have been booked in for custom quilting.
I can then 'clear the decks' to concentrate on . . .

Quilt 4 - Another Wedding Quilt.
This one is for my DS#1 & DDIL, again promised for their first Wedding Anniversary - at the end of January.
I haven't actually started this one other than collecting fabric in their chosen colours and being given a concept (photo) of what they want.

But as it is going to involve a LOT of applique, I want to be able to dedicate the time to get this one right.


Can I do it?
I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment