24 July 2015

Set in Stone - A Mariner's Compass.

It is finally finished. - It actually has been finished for a couple of weeks but I have kept it under wraps until today.

Today it is proudly hanging in the company of some truly awesome Quilts at the Victoria Quilters Showcase - Melbourne*.

No ribbons, but lots of lovely comments from the viewing public (overheard whilst on White Glove Duty).


My DS#2 is delighted with his quilt and I am thrilled with the incredible job Desley has done with the quilting.


I am looking forward to seeing what the Judges have to say, their comments are often more valuable than ribbons and a great learning tool!



*Showcase is at the Craft & Quilt Fair
July 23 - 26, 2015
Melbourne Exhibition Centre


4 comments:

  1. I saw, and admired, it today! I would have given you a ribbon, but I'm not a judge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy your quilt is spectacular, love your colours and am sure your DS#2 son is so proud of what you have made for him and the time and love you have put into it.
    Hugs Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouh,it´s a wonderful quilt. I love it.
    Marita

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gutted that I missed seeing this quilt finished and hanging in all its glory at the Craft and Quilt Show back in July!

    It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete