16 July 2015

Vale Freda.

"Some people come into our lives and quickly go.
Others Stay a while - make footprints on our hearts
and we are never, ever the same again."


The phenomenon that is the Internet brings us into contact with people from all walks of life.
All races, religion, language, colour, height, weight, appearance, ability or disability are melted away as you find those who share a common interest.  You become comfortable with each other, often not knowing where they live or what they look like and yes, you begin to count them amongst your friends.


Yesterday, I lost one of these friends. I have no idea how old she was.  I have never seen a photo of her nor she of me, yet her broad Scottish accent and sense of humour came through her emails.

What I do know of her is that she was a Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Friend, Quilter, owner of a Janome 6500, and always up for a challenge. She was particularly fond of Haggis and only ever grumbled about the weather.

I also know, she has many friends that will not - due only to distance - attend her funeral. On that day I will bake a batch of my best Shortbread, pull out the good Tea Set and "Toast my Friend".


.... ' til we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment