16 February 2017

It's called a "Deadkitten"

I am glad I keep up with things, because when my DS#2 asked me at 11:00 last night if I could make him a Dead-kitten I did actually know what he wanted.
What's more - I had everything I needed.

So - If anyone is interested in how to make a Windsock for a Microphone - this is what I did!

Go raid your stash of Fur Fabric
- alternatively buy some from a craft or Fabric store.

Depending on the size of the microphone, you should only need a small amount.


When working with fur fabric - trim back the fur from the seam allowance.
This will give you a nice seam with no fur stuck between the stitches.

Create a 'hat' by sewing the back seam first, centre the seam and sew across the top.
You can line the windsock with the toe section of a stocking sock.
(I used a disposable from a shoe store)

Place some elastic around the bottom of the Kitten and push ends through the sock to the outside.
Turn over edge and stitch in place enclosing the elastic.


Turn right side out

place over microphone
adjust elastic to fit.

And there you have just saved yourself $30:00

Just one other thing for 'next time' ...



Make sure your fur fabric
Does not match the Cat!

He was a bit concerned!




1 comment: