7 March 2017

Cake Decorating Workshop

I had the opportunity last Saturday to participate in a Workshop with the talented Helen Dissell from Sugarart Creations

I like attending hands-on Workshops as opposed to Demonstrations, as I have been known to 'nod off' during the odd, non too engaging descriptions of how to roll the perfect icing.

Workshops challenge me to do things I haven't done before - in this case make my own flower paste.
An interesting experience that I don't think I will repeat in a hurry - but is good to have in the event I can't get my 'perfect for me' pre-made version.

Saturday's flower was interesting and one I had not heard of before.  It is always a good thing when you can add another feature flower to your repertoire.

The Black Bat Flower in real life is a very large bloom - but for our workshop we made one in a little easier to manage size.  I am actually looking forward to seeing if I can up-scale this beauty to near life size and sit it atop a tiered cake with it's 'whiskers' flowing down the sides.

Maybe it will be just the thing to use up all that flower paste I had to make!




No comments:

Post a Comment